Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Greetings From Outer-Zona


According to my eldest child, who happens to be five, we live in Outer-Zona... I suppose this is fitting because only crazy people and cacti live here in what I thought was Arizona. But I stand corrected.

The sweltering heat in the summer and lack of anything interesting for miles in most directions does make it feel like our own little desert island paradise, but I still prefer the environs of my birthplace on the central coast of California. If it were not for the fact that my work is here, and I love my work, and the cost of living where I grew up is so freakin' high, I would probably move back that direction. Maybe someday I will have the funds, and the gumption, to move away from this new place I call home. But, for now I will just enjoy my hot, crazy, and somewhat isolated little piece of heaven.

At this point, I bid you all good night... I have put the munchkins to bed and I must away to the hospital to visit my new baby boy. He is little, but strong in a smallish sort of way. I enjoy the passing of each new day as I watch him grow stronger, healthier, and closer to coming home... Still, I know he is good... I can tell. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment